Saturday, June 13, 2009

A trip to the Temple!


Chris and I have been trying to make it a point to visit the temple more often. Of course we all know that the adversary tries his best to not make that happen. Our biggest problem is babysitters. We have tried to come up with different solutions, but it never works. MiaLuz is so attached to me that she cries as soon as she sees someone else coming her way. Well, our wonderful bishop has come up with a plan to ensure that even the parents of little ones are able to meet their goals of monthly temple visits. Each month there is a quorum/auxillary assigned to babysit one Friday night from 6-9:30. I was worried about Mia this whole week; whether she would have a hard time. I even thought of backing out. But I knew that this was Satan's way of getting to me. So I decided that Mia would just have to get used to it. We were going and that was final!

Then, Tuesday evening Chris came down with something. Within 24 hours he had a fever and a horrible cough. Thursday he came home by noon and layed in bed until the next morning. By Friday afternoon I was getting worried. He couldn't even go 2 minutes without having a coughing fit. He was weak from all the strain on his chest, feverish. I just didn't see how he was going to be able to sit through anything. But he was determined. He said he would ask for a blessing before we left the church and he would be ok. I knew he was right so we got ready and took off! All the way to the church he was having an attack. He received the blessing and we took off hoping it would subside within the 15 min drive. The drive wasn't easy. We even had to pull over for him to gain control of himself before continuing the drive.

We arrived with minutes to spare. We rushed in and changed as fast as we could. Chris was late coming in and I was worried that maybe he wasn't going to make it. But he did. And in the hour that we were in session, you heard nothing from Chris other than a tiny cough here and there.

A miracle? I think so! Was I amazed? Of course! Not that I didn't have the faith. But it never ceases to amaze me how the Lord hears us, each and every one of us. He knows our needs and he is there when we need him. All we need is the faith to believe it is possible.

We had a wonderful experience and a wonderful night. Thank you so much to the Elders Quarum and their wives for helping us have a wonderful temple experience. And thank you Bishop Strickland for loving us all so much to give us this opportunity!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen! Good for you guys!