Thursday, March 18, 2010

UPDATE on BABY ADAN!

Okay so the Doctor has scheduled my inducement date to Tuesday, March 30th. I would like to make it to that date just because it will be much easier to "plan" the delivery instead of having to call someone without notice to come take care of the kids. But I honestly don't think I will make it 1 1/2 more weeks. Baby Adan is literally "knocking at the door" trying to come out. He is extremely low, lower than I ever held the other two. I feel like I am walking with a watermelon between my legs and even the tiniest movement from him gives me extreme pain. I had my last appointment this past Tuesday and when the doctor came in the first thing I told him was that I was not leaving the hospital until he took this baby out! He just laughed, but I really wasn't joking...but unfortunately, my demand didn't help the process one bit. I have yet to start dilating, but I never dilated with the other two until I was in the hospital so I have learned not to go off of that measurement. He is already 6 1/2 lbs which means he will be at least 8 lbs if I make it til the 30th. I have had two 6 lb babies so that number really freaks me out! YIKES! Anyhoo, so it's any day now.
We have had to resort to a PLAN C, now that Mom will not be able to make it out here for a couple of months. (Chris' mom has to have unexpected knee surgery so she is no longer able to make it.) The Relief Society is trying their best to do their part to make this transition easier for us, but I still find myself overwhelmed and a bit depressed that Mom won't be here for the birth. With Chris being gone the last two deliveries, she has been my rock, emotionally and physically. It feels weird that none of our family will be here to meet Baby Adan until the summertime, but that's part of the military life. We know they would be here if they could.
So that's the update in a nutshell. We will keep you posted as the day arrives.....
To Mom, we love you and are praying for you. You are doing great and we are proud of you and how well you have adjusted. Keep progressing so you can come meet your new grandson!

3 comments:

For Every Occasion said...

My sister's birthday is on the 30th and so is Celine Dion's :)! Keep us posted and everything will be great! You are a great mother!

tiffanytijerina said...

Wow! Amazing how time flies. I am sure to you it seems like it has been a long 9 months. But to us, since we're not carrying the baby, it seemed to have flown by! LOL

I am sure that you are bummed about your mom not being present and I know she would have been the very best support and the ideal person to have with you. But, what a great opportunity to rely on your husband and have him be your rock and support this time around. And, what a great experience for him since this is the first opportunity. I am sure he will just be blown away by seeing his baby boy come into the world with just the three of you. What an amazing experience!!! I know it sounds so cheesy, but every time I see those TV shows when a baby is born I cannot help but cry!! I am ALWAYS moved. What a miracle giving life is.

We are looking forward to updates! I know you'll keep us posted!!

Take care of yourself!

Noemi said...

wow- he's gonna be here by next tues?!!? geez, i agree w/ tiff on time flyin for the rest of us- ha. i hope time'l keep flyin until we come mid may..cant wait!!