Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Relinquishment of Command

I have been asked to write this blog entry, so please bear with me. Last Wednesday, I relinquished my command, and I am now free of my duties as a company commander. It is a strange feeling to lose such a large of amount of responsibility over night. I almost don't know what to do with myself. My command was very successful, and I thank God that it was so. It has been the most challenging yet rewarding position of my career, and I am glad to have done it well and that all of my Soldiers were trained effectively and with no significant issues. I will be attending military schools from now until May and then moving into a teaching assignment here at Fort Jackson, which will secure a couple of years with the family in relative safety. I am very grateful for that as well. I can't tell you all how excited I am about the new baby and the fact that I will actually be here for the pregnancy and the birth. Blanca did not get to take many pictures of the ceremony due to her juggling MiaLuz and Chris, but she did capture my fare well speech, so we have posted it for you to watch. I miss you all, God Bless and take care.

Chris

3 comments:

Noemi said...

cool beans chris, cool beans.. nice to see a post by you on the blog. hee. congrats on a job well done- i dont really know all it entailed, but i know it was demanding. im glad you will be able to spend time w/ the fam and help while blanc's preggo..cant wait to visit yal again, take care, luv ya!

grandchildren said...

hey chris, well job done. You know how proud I am of you.I glad you
can slow down some and spend time with your family. Can't wait to see
you all in nov.

Tiffany said...

Chris, I have so much admiration for all of your efforts in serving in our country's military. It is truly a sacrifice for you and your family. I am sure that Blanca and the children will love spending more with their daddy/hubby. A job well done indeed!!!